Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This is Really Interesting!!

I thought you might enjoy this - it all is amazing to me! A teacher friend gave this to me. She uses these images to show the size of Earth related to our solar system. By the end of reading through this, I always feel so small and realize that the universe really doesn't revolve around me and that my focus on my life should be broadened a bit to bring in more.



Now, beyond our sun it is a big universe.



Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky. It is more than 1,000 light years away.
Now try to think about this...
The picture below is from a hubble telescope ultra deep field inflared view of countless enitre galaxies billions of light years away.

This is a close-up of one of the dark regions in the picture above.

Makes you feel pretty small, huh?

1 comment:

harmonie said...

That is fun. Nothing has made me feel small in a long time, Thanks!