Sunday, June 28, 2009

Blanding and House Plans!

We moved! I didn't get any pictures though!! I am so mad I didn't take any. We rented a 26 foot Uhaul and packed our lives into it on Friday. Turk and Kevin helped us load the truck on Friday and we cleaned on Saturday. Farley worked his butt off and I'm so appreciative of him. He is the best husband ever! On Saturday my mom and sister showed up to help (and play with Colee). They did so much and I couldn't have done it without them. Farley took off at noon on Saturday and I stayed to finish up cleaning and to turn in the apartment keys.

I'm both sad and happy about moving to Blanding. I will miss my family, but I've already made plans to go visit:) My mom is already having Colee withdrawls so visiting will definitely be in the near future. We will also miss Patty and Bruce and their family. We love you guys so much and are thankful for all you do for us (and all the food you fed us).

We are going to be living with Forrest and Shirley right now until we can get our house built. Click here if you want to see our house plans. There are a few changes, but you can pretty much see what it will look like. If you have any suggestions please let me know ASAP because the plans aren't set in stone...yet. I'm going to put a bar in the kitchen instead of an island. The living room is going to be an office/bedroom and will be squared off. There isn't a shelf thing next to the stairs and the stairs will be turned around. Please, please, please give me your opinion and let me know what you think!!

Have a great 4th of July!!!!!!

4 comments:

karen louise said...

Tina! I will definately miss you guys! Sounds like the moved went well, and btw, you DO have an awesome husband, and you are way blessed! I'm so happy for you, and look forward to seeing your house get built!

Janice Twitchell said...

Tina! I'm SOOOO excited you guys moved! Now I get to come see that beautiful little girl! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Can I talk to you about your house plans while I'm there? It's much easier in person, that way I can get a clearer picture of what you are wanting, and tell you things I would have loved or changed in my house. I'm so excited you're building, it's going to be beautiful and the best part is whenever we come down, we'll get to see you! We really need to have a cookout while we're down there! See you in a few days!

DuncanAndCandice said...

I was just asking Dunc if he knew if you guys moved yet... I am glad that the packing and moving went well... Your house looks really cute, I am so excited for you guys. I am so sad that I wont be able to see you and Colee on the 4th :(...

Jeanine said...

Your little girl is so cute! How exciting that you are building a house! It is really fun/exciting/stressful all together. I learned a ton from building. I think your plans look awesome. There are only two things I think you might want to look at on the plans. In the master room, maybe moving the bathroom to the other side of the room so that the two bathrooms are side by side. It does saves money with the plumbing, but also having a bathroom/toilet on the wall by the family room can be 'awkward.' If not you might want to insulate that interior wall (thats not standard). And then in the living room that you are making a bedroom/office, I would move the door around the corner from the entry way to the family room. That way if it is a bedroom, it has a more private entrance. Anyway, just some things I saw. It is going to be SO nice! Congrats!