Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Zeb & Hil in Arizona, Twilight, a Basketball Game, and Blanding





I went and watched Twilight on Monday. My hopes weren't very high for this movie because I usually do not like movies that were originally books. Especially if it was a book I liked. So, if you have not watched the movie yet, stop reading because I'm going to let you know what I think. Since my expectations weren't high, I wasn't disappointed. It was actually better than I thought it would be. I wasn't a fan of Edward, but I liked Bella. Rosalee and Alice were my favorite! Jasper just looked wrong. I liked Charlie and Jacob. Bella's friends at school were okay. Esme was beautiful. And I thought the kitchen scene was real funny, along with the graduation caps thing. And that is it.


Arizona. I went to Tempe to present at a National Behavior Conference with researchers from BYU. I've been doing Positive Behavior Support with kids in my classroom and it rocks! It is definitely more fun to be a positive teacher. The trip was amazing! I learned so much. It was warm and everything was paid for. But the best part of the entire trip was seeing Zeb and Hilary. I have missed hanging out with them so much. It is not like we would hang out everyday while they were in Ogden, but still we miss them.


Stacy (my little sister) played basketball on Saturday in Price. It was fun watching her. CEU won and Stacy played awesome! P.S. good job to the Utes for winning too!!


We are now in Blanding, and I can't tell you how nice it is to be out of the city. I can hear the chickens clucking out the window and Shirley and I watched the most beautiful sunrise over the Sleeping Ute this morning. I will never understand the hold cities have over people when they could live in small towns with space around them and the only time people honk their horn at you is to say hi, not to flip you off on the freeway.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Eat lotsa turkey!!

3 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

I'm glad you liked the movie, I liked it too! I was sorta disappointed with Edward, but I thought he did a pretty good job at portraying his character. He just wasn't exactly how he looked in my head, but I'm sure he's different in everyone's heads! :o) I liked the kitchen scene too, that was good. Wish we could see you guys! Are you going to Blanding for Christmas too? We will be there around New Years. HOpe to see you!

jamie said...

Have a great time in Blanding and Happy Thanksgiving!!! Tell everyone hello and give Meik a hug from me!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

We miss the both of you and wish we could have been in Blanding with you all for Thanksgiving but we are looking forward to seeing you over Christmas. Unfortunately I had to work Thanksgiving night but we were able to have lunch with friends and it was delicious! I am glad to hear you liked Twilight. I have been wanting to see it but have been a little leary with the choice of characters. I agree, the movie is never as good as the book but it is still fun to watch them anyways! Happy Thanksgiving!