Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tree and an Apple Seed

Here is our Christmas Tree this year! It is a way pretty tree and so bushy. We went to Smith's and grabbed one that wasn't the smallest or the biggest. When we got it home and into the house, the branches started to bush out and they just kept going. I had lights that covered our tree last year plus an extra box, but after using all those I still had to go get more. I love our tree though! And the smell of a real tree is the best!!!!!!
Okay, so last year a student gave me this plant and it was so pretty. But I accidently left it out on the deck this fall and it froze. I was sad. But Farley said he was going to save it. After a few weeks of trying to get it to come back to life, I walked in the kitchen to find him poking the dirt.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Planting a seed," he told me.
"In the dead plants dirt?"
"Yep!"
"What kind of seed?"
"An apple seed."
"An apple seed?"
"Uh-huh, I already planted a popcorn seed in there."
I just said "oh" and walked away. Well a couple days ago the apple seed started to sprout!! It looks kinda cool growing next to the dead plant. But if you look real close at the dead plant, it is actually starting to have new growth towards the bottom! So now Farley has two plants growing in the same pot.

6 comments:

karen louise said...

I love your tree! And I agree--a real tree really is the best if you can do it. That is so funny about the dead plant! Who knows, you may have a huge apple tree growing in your house...and popcorn popping on it :)

Jens and Patricia said...

Your tree a is way pretty. You can grow your own apples right in that pot in the kitchen..and popcorn. That would be cool.

Janice Twitchell said...

k first of all, that's a real tree!!? The is like perfect!!! So pretty! Leave it to Far to pick up his mom's green thumb! I started crackin up when I read about the popcorn seed! The apple seed thing is cool though. Hope to see you soon! You'll be down for Christmas right?

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

I LOVE your tree... I looks soooo pretty and soooo BIG! I agree, I love the smell of a real tree and have missed it this year.

Cheyn said...

Your tree looks huge! Good luck with the plants also. Tell him to plant a grapefruit seed and tell me how it goes. Thanks again for the tickets the other night, it was a fun game!

Kristine said...

Your tree is gorgeous!! Love it. Enjoy, because next Christmas your not gonna be able to decorate it without having it taken apart a million times. We were lucky to get lights on our tree... But it is very beautiful!!!