Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Last 20 Years...

20 Years ago...
1. I was almost four years old.
2. I was scared of the dark so I would go sleep right outside my parents door in a blue rocking chair after they went to bed . Then when I would hear my parents getting up, I would hurry and run to bed! They never caught me and I don't think I ever told them about it.
3. My hair went to my rear end and I cut a hunk off because I got gum in it. My mom was really mad at me!!!

10 Years ago...
1. I was thirteen and woke up every morning at 6:00 to feed and grain the elk.
2. It was the summer before my freshman year and I went to lots of volleyball and basketball camps.
3. Being outside fishing and hiking was my favorite! I would run up the mountain across from my house and explore for hours!

5 Years ago...
1. I had just finished my freshman year of college.
2. I worked at Strawberry Marina as a waitress, cook, and cashier in the store. We went swimming and boating all summer!!
3. I was also working at Falcons Ledge as a server a couple days a week.

3 Years ago...
1. I was going to summer school from 8:00-3:30 everyday.
2. I was working at The University Inn from 4:00-11:30 everyday. It was a crazy summer! I only had one nervous break down.
3. I also had more fun that summer than any time during college. We went down the Logan canal one hundred times on tubes, swimming at 1st dam, and ate a lot of expired Milano cookies that we would take from the hotel where we worked.

1 Year ago...
1. I had just married my best friend ever!!
2. I was teaching summer school.
3. I was just about to turn 23!

So far this year I...
1. Earned 25 college credits.
2. Taught 30 nine and ten year olds things they will use the rest of their lives.
3. Loved every minute of being married. (yep, every minute)

Yesterday I...
1. Went to my ESL workshop.
2. Got my George Bush check!!!!
3. Went for a run even though I did not want to.

Today I...
1. Will go to my ESL workshop and learn more about the laws of Bilingual Education and more about linguistics.
2. Work a couple hours in my classroom getting ready for August!
3. Hopefully go swimming or play catch with Farley.

Tomorrow I...
1. Will celebrate my 24th Birthday!!
2. Will go to my ESL workshop.
3. Will eat an apple pie!! (even if I have to buy it)

In the next year I...
1. Will read The Book of Mormon again.
2. Will teach as much as I possibly can to my 4th graders.
3. Will try to learn how to throw better than Farley.

Now---I tag... Jamie, Kristine, Stacie, Harmonie, Cassie, Trish, Skyler!!!

2 comments:

harmonie said...

Happy Bithday tomorrow! I really would make you a pie, but I've yet to be successful with pies. I hope you find a tasty one!

Jeanine said...

Sorry I just barely saw your comment. Send me an email and I can better explain. jeanine_parson@hotmail.com