Sunday, August 3, 2008

Camping!!!

On Friday night we went camping with Turk, Steph, Jens, Patricia, and Baylor. We went up Diamond Fork Canyon and I was impressed by how pretty it was up there. It was so much fun! We had dutch oven potatoes and bbq chicken for dinner and amazing cinnamon pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast! The food was very yummy!! The only downside to our little camping experience was that we forgot firewood. So we searched the area and developed a few alternatives, but they didn't really work. Oh well, it was still a lot of fun.
This is everyone setting camp up.

Farley trying to start a fire.


Jens holding Baylor. Baylor loved looking at the fire!!


Turk and Far trying to chop firewood. Notice the hammer in Turk's hand. This is what he used to try and chop!

Okay, so we found these huge absolutely disgusting beetles that were about 3 inches long! Yes, 3 inches. The gatorade cap in the picture above is from one of those big gatorade bottles. We were sitting there talking and we kept hearing a noise. Finally someone went to investigate and this is what was found.


So they guys played with it of course and it was so strong! Finally they put it in the big gatorade bottle and left it there. But then they found another one and it started all over again...
It was really creepy looking! And I felt like I had bugs all over me all night.


This is Jens cooking the most amazing pancakes ever!! They were cinnamon pancakes and so so so so good. Jens, I need the recipe :)

Farley was dead set on going fishing in the river. We only had out ice fishing poles though. But that didn't stop him and Steph from trying!

Farley and Baylor. He is so cute!




7 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

Looks like so much fun! I love camping!! I had one of those beatles on my front porch! Gross! tell far he would make a cute dad, he looks so comfy holding baylor! :o)

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

I am so jealous... I love to go camping. We miss seeing you guys and hanging out. It sounds like you had a lot of fun on your outing. The cinnamon pancakes sound so good, if you get the recipie, you will have to get me a copy. Does Farley wear the cowboy hat everywhere he goes? He looks good in it!

Zeb is on his school field trip for the next 3 days... (I didn't know they had field trips in medical school!). I am working most of the time he is gone so it wont be too bad having him gone (although I do miss him). My work is going well and everyone is really friendly. Tonight, a girl from our ward and her 2 little girls are coming over to swim. Her husband is in school with Zeb and so she is a little hesitant having to take care of the girls all on her own.

Sounds like you are going to have a busy week. I heard you are going to Blanding this weekend. Jealous again... we will miss being with all of you! Have fun in Blanding and at the fair/concert!

jamie said...

How fun! But ILLLLKKKK on the beetles! I would have gone home.

harmonie said...

EWW EWW EWW. I can feel bugs on me just reading this. Otherwise, looks fun!

Cheyn said...

oh farley does look cute with a kid...... Camping looks so fun. We always talk about how now that its' summer we can do those things but it never happens. I think we should go get pedicures....and manicures, facials and massages ha ha

Tiffany P. said...

Ok, don't tell me you're already done w/ book 4. I preordered w/ Barnes and Noble and it should be here today or tomorrow! WA hoo!! I assume your coming for the fair stuff, let's for sure meet up.

homerxx75 said...

Looks like you all had fun camping. I can't believe Far is still wearing his cowboy hat. Well. I'm excited to see you guys this week.